CATTLE, GOATS, BEEF CATTLE, SHEEP AND PIGS
- Cows and Heifers - £1
- Group and Progeny - £1
- Goats - £1
- Sheep - £1
- Beef - £1
- Pigs - £1
Prizes for Classes 1 to 20 Classes 42, 43 and Classes A to D
- First £10
- Second £7
- Third £5
Prizes for Goats and Sheep:
- First £8
- Second £5
- Third £3.
A trophy to be awarded to the exhibitor with the most points in the Cattle classes.
Trophies to be awarded to best Goat in Show, best Kid in show, and best Golden Guernsey Goat in Show.
- 01 - 8 years and over.
- 02 - 6 years and under 8 years.
- 03 - 4 years and under 6 years.
- 04 - Under 4 years.
- 05 - Heifers in milk under 3 years, not eligible to compete in Class 9. A cow having calved twice is not eligible in this Class.
- 06 - Cow 5 years and over, having calved over four months and under eight months in calf to date of Show.
- 07 - Cow under five years, having calved over four months and under eight months in calf to date of Show.
- 08 - Heifers, bred seven months and over, having calved after time of entry and before date
- of Show are eligible for Class 5.
- 09 - 2 years and over. Bred under 7 months.
- 10 - 18 months and under 2 years. Bred
- under 7 months.1114 months and under 18 months.
- 12 - 10 months and under 14 months.
- 13 - Under 10 months.
- 14 - Heifer under 18 months, with Dam.
PROGENY AND GROUP
- 15 - Bull Progeny. Three Progeny of any one bull, including the Progeny of A.I. bulls.
- 16 - Cow Progeny. Cow and two of her Progeny.
- 17 - Group of two cows, any age.
- May be selected on day of Show.
- 18 - Group of two heifers.
- 19 - Heifer or Steer - 21 months and over.
- 20 - Heifer or Steer - under 21 months
Animals to be judged tied up. T&C's Apply
- 28 - Any variety female Goat in milk, first kidders.
- 29 - Any variety female Goat in milk, second and subsequent kidders.
- 30 - Any variety Goatling age 1 and under 2 years.
- 31 - Any variety female Kid, 6 months to 12 months.
- 32 - Any variety female Kid under 6 months.
- 33 - Any variety male Goat over 2 years.
- 34 - Any variety Buckling, age 1 year and under 2 years.
- 35 - Any variety male Kid, 6 weeks and under 1 year.
- 36 - Progeny class, any variety female Goat with two of her Progeny.
- 37 - Progeny class, any variety male Goat with two of his Progeny.
- 38 - Best veteran Goat, male or female, over 7 years old.
- 39 - Best pair of Goats, any sex.
- 40 - Group of Goats, any three Goats, two to be female.
- 41 - Pet class - Dry females over two years of age.
- 42 - Pet class - Neutered males.
- 43 - Junior Handler, under 7 years old on Show Day.
- 44 -Junior Handler, 7 years old and under 12 years old on Show Day.
- 45 - Junior Handler, 12 years old and under 18 years old on Show Day.
- 46 - Ram (any breed over 1 year).
- 47 - Ewe (any breed over 1 year).
- 48 - Lamb (any breed, male or female born this year).
- 49 - Wether (castrated ram, any breed over 1 year).
- 50 - Ewe and her lamb or lambs (any breed).
- A - Weaner, up to 8 weeks old.
- B - Porker, 8 weeks to 6 months old.
- C - Gilt, 6 months plus.
- D - Sow, one year plus.
ROOTS, VEGETABLES AND HAY
- First - £4;
- Second - £3;
- Third - £2.
- £5 - Prize for Best Exhibit in Agricultural Section.
- 56 - 3 Beet, any variety.
- 57 - 3 Fodder Beet.
- 58 - 3 Large Carrots, any variety.
- 59 - 3 Large Parsnips, any variety.
- 60 - Best Sheaf of Wheat or Oats, any variety,
- not to exceed 10 lb.
- 61 - Best Bundle of Maize, 6 stems.
- 62 - 3 Stems Kale.
- 63 - Hay Grass, truss not to exceed 30 lb.
- 64 - Any entries not catered for.
- Date of last calving must be stated on the entry form.
- In the Progeny classes only the leaders must be kept or registered in one of the three parishes.
- All Progeny must be the property of the exhibitor.
- All animals exhibited at the Show must be the property of and in the possession of the exhibitor one month previous to date of Show.
- Cows and Goats must be milked the previous evening and stripped. Any overstocked Cow or Goat will be disqualified.
- Registration Certificates must be produced for verification of Progeny on day of Show for classes 15 and 16.